Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Las Meninas Sketch

Yet another art post that involves my trip to Spain. This is a small sketch of Las Meninas, a famous painting by Diego Velásquez, that I did in my sketchbook over the summer. It was my favorite painting that I saw in the Museo del Prado (the Prado Museum in Madrid), so I bought a poster of it and hung it up in my room at home. One day, I was bored so I stared across my room and started drawing it on a piece of tracing paper. I didn't think about how difficult it would be to draw in a 5 x 5 square, so getting detail in the faces took a while. I wish I would have drawn it on regular paper and made the size a lot bigger because it would have looked nicer. But I don't mind because I usually hate all my hand drawn work, but was very happy when I finished this.

No comments:

Post a Comment